One of the biggest companies in the world, Apple, is responsible for the current tidal wave of mobile technology (iphone, ipad, mac). Like a sudden mole that appears out of nowhere, unless you laser that thing it won’t go away, mobile technology is here to stay. The visionary mind behind this is none other than Steve Jobs.
Despite the fact he has passed away, his legacy remains. He has changed the world and his masterpiece is still being experienced by billions of people around the world and will continue to be experienced many years into the future.
Even though some would not approve of his personal approach, there is no doubt he has achieved something amazing due to his sheer determination to succeed. Here are the 18 most memorable Steve Jobs quotes of all time.
1. “Everyone here has the sense that right now is one of those moments when we are influencing the future.”
2. “Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.”
3. “Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water or do you want a chance to change the world?”
4. “Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.”
5. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me.”
6. “No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new.”
7. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.”
8. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle.”
9. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
10. “My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.”
11. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.”
12. “Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That’s because they were able to connect experiences they’ve had and synthesize new things.”
13. “Bottom line is, I didn’t return to Apple to make a fortune. I’ve been very lucky in my life and already have one. When I was 25, my net worth was $100 million or so. I decided then that I wasn’t going to let it ruin my life. There’s no way you could ever spend it all, and I don’t view wealth as something that validates my intelligence.”
14. “Things don’t have to change the world to be important.”
15. “Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks. But of course, if you dig deeper, it’s really how it works.”
16. “Computers themselves, and software yet to be developed, will revolutionize the way we learn.”
17. “I have a great respect for incremental improvement, and I’ve done that sort of thing in my life, but I’ve always been attracted to the more revolutionary changes. I don’t know why. Because they’re harder. They’re much more stressful emotionally. And you usually go through a period where everybody tells you that you’ve completely failed.”
18. “I think if you do something and it turns out pretty good, then you should go do something else wonderful, not dwell on it for too long. Just figure out what’s next.”
Please consider sharing this post on the social media platform of your choice. It lets us know we are creating content you are interested in. You can choose facebook, twitter, google plus, pinterest, tumblr or stumbleupon in the Spread the Yawn section below. Follow me @MrCloud101 if you have any questions or just want to see some interesting positive tweets. Consider subscribing for instant post updates whenever a new post is released. I hope you enjoy your visit at Yawncentral.